9.09.2013

September Update - Married!!

Where do I start?
 
Have not been on here for some time, life is trucking right along, keeping me busy!
 
First things first – I got hitched!  Yep, on September 1st, I got married in Spokane on a beautiful day in front of friends and family to my wonderful wife Brigid.  The wedding was fantastic - planned and coordinated down to the moment.  I could not be any happier to have found this wonderful woman to spend my life with. 
 
What else is new?  Bought a new old truck.  Found a 1990 Ford F350 Crew Cab 4x4, 5 speed with just over a 100,000 miles on it.  For most of the truck’s life, it lived in Colorado so the body is in great shape with zero rust and a handful of dents collected over the years.  Fellow had it listed on CL and would take part cash and part trade so we made a deal and I think we both feel like we came out good on the transaction.
 
Winchester Model 12’s = my newest addiction.  Wow, how in the world have I managed to be around this long and not have a stack of Model 12’s in my collection?  Cabela’s is practically over-flowing with them, I imagine that kids or grandkids are inheriting dad or grandpa’s old guns and the kids would rather have the cash or a newer shotgun, not realizing what they have in their hands is a modern masterpiece.  At the moment I have a 30 “ Heavy Duck with a solid vent rib built in 1951 in the collection and a couple of older, well used M12’s.  The Heavy Duck looks like it was just put on the rack at the True Value hardware store – all original right down to the red rubber butt pad and 8 oz of lead in the stock to put the balance point right at the takedown joint and to help handle some of the recoil from the 3 inch magnum shells.  They just don’t make ‘em like that anymore.
 
Sage the pup is doing well.  She stayed at the kennel while we were out of town getting hitched and she had a grand time there.  The gals at the clinic love to see Sage as she is just about the sweetest dog you will ever meet (excluding your own, of course).
 
Books – too many read to mention.  Lots of zombie books and end-of-the-world earthquakes and EMP’s and financial armageddon.   Doom and gloom stuff but it gets my mind working, thinking of the possibilities.
 
Even though life is good I am still saving, preparing, learning, training, practicing, failing and trying again at many things.  I sure hope nothing happens and that folks like Mosby and Max and the LizardFarmer and the like get to live out happy, conflict free lives, to see their kids have kids and to happily retire.  But if not, I don’t think any of us could ever repay them for the service that they are providing.  Go read their sites, print out the good stuff, think about it, practice, practice, practice, go take some training, store away some seeds.  Maybe in 40 or 50 years, my grandkids will take my old Colts or Sigs to Cabela’s and trade them in on whatever the newest, coolest thing is, maybe the latest in .75 ACP or something.  I can only hope and pray that happens.
 
Take care
 
.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Grog said...

Many congrats to you and Brigid. :)

Wilson said...

Congratulations on the marriage! I hope you two have a very long and happy life together!

As for Model 12’s they can be an addiction. I've owned a couple. Right now I think they are undervalued and will only go up.

Brigid said...

Congratulations you two!!! May you have an abundance of years and joy.

"the other Brigid" :-)