5.31.2013

Checking in

Oh boy, I am slacking off again!  I go through spurts of activity on here and then go too long in between updates.  I don’t have time today to do a full accounting of everything that is going on but here is a quick rundown of things I plan on writing more about soon:
 
My Mom shoots better than your Mom! – Mom attended an Appleseed event back home in Missouri and had a great time.  During the event, the staff asked how folks came to be there and quite a few mentioned that they had been inspired by Bob Owens.  Bob’s site is one of those ‘check every few hours’ sites and I recommend it to everyone I know who is like-minded as well as some folks that aren’t. 
 
My fiancĂ© and a friend of hers attended an all-day women-only shooting class at the local range.  She had a great time and shot well.  She likes the Glock 19 so-so but really-really liked the Glock 34 someone had there.  It took signing her up 3 or 4 months ago to get her in the class as it is very popular and there is apparently a great market for this type of training out here and around the country.  If you are in the area, I highly recommend this bunch:  Lock and Load Em, Firearms Training for Women, by Women.
 
Have another new addition to the collection.  Future brother-in-law swung by for a visit and he is a big collector/seller of sxs shotguns, old lever guns, old Winchesters in general.  We made a trip to the local Cabela’s and he found a great Winchester Model 12, 32 inch barrel, solid rib for a great price.  He had just picked up a Winchester 1886 at the Cabela’s north of Seattle so he was hemming and hawing on the M12 and decided not to get it.  Sooo, well, you know the rest of the story. 
 
Busy with wedding stuff, end of school year stuff, got the garden planted and it is looking good, just need some sun out this way.
 
Ok, back to some chores for me.  Need to bust out the mower before the grass gets too tall!
 
Take care and I hope all is well!
 
.
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Brigid said...

Way to go Mom!!

My best to all of your family, Dad still holding his own down in LV

Jason said...

No kidding! She is planning on doing another one in September.

Good to hear that your Dad is doing well!! Thanks for checking in.